Annual Open Enrollment. July 1st each year. Open Enrollment for coverage Plan Year July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 has closed.
Life Events and Special Enrollment Reasons that Qualify for a Mid-Plan Year Change. Staff insurance changes requested after July 1, 2016 up to June 30, 2017 can be made only if you have a life event or special enrollment than qualifies for a mid-plan year change.
Life Event Examples
- Birth / Adoption
- Marriage / Divorce
- Aging Off Parents Plan – Turning Age 26
Special Enrollment Examples
- Gain / Loss Other Insurance - Due to Spouse’s Job Change or Change on Insurance at their Open Enrollment
- Contact Jenny Endres if you have questions on other life events that would qualify for mid-plan year special enrollment
District Insurance Plan and Rate information can be reviewed here: Health Dental
A Benefit Change Form must be completed within 30 days of the date other coverage changed.
- It is important to confirm the exact date your other coverage will change by contacting the current benefits department or carrier for this information. Once you have verified that date, your district insurance enrollment / cancellation will be effective the next day (so there is no lapse in coverage).
- Special enrollment in District insurance does require verification that other coverage has been lost and the effective date.
Submit the Benefit Change Form to Jenny Endres, Employment & Benefits Specialist. Contact her with questions regarding your benefit change. 849-2107. firstname.lastname@example.org.