Online courses are available to high school students under the following conditions. Even if these conditions are met, students must meet the criteria on the online course approval checklist, complete the detailed online course description with their counselor or Pathways specialist, and have a signed student contract.
1. The online course is a course not offered at the high school.
2. The online course resolves a scheduling conflict due to singleton sections in the student’s course plan.
3. The online course is necessary for a student’s Pathways programming.
4. The online course supports a student’s travel abroad or for national amateur athletic teams.
5. The online course supports a student whose health related concerns affect their ability to attend a full day on campus.
6. The online course is taken by a former home school student enrolling in the high school.
7. The online course supports the transition of a mid-year transfer from another school.
Unique situations may be approved at the principal’s discretion.
The district is a member of the Wisconsin eSchool Network (WEN) and offers courses through the network and its catalog.