WELCOME TO SUMMER SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION 2017
Eligibility for Summer School Transportation
If you choose to have your child bussed to and from summer school, they must be registered for a full morning of classes. You are required to sign up for summer school bus transportation even if during the school year you are on a regular bus route.
2017 Summer School Alternate Pick-up/Drop off Transportation Requirements
If your child will be transported to any location other than the home address, completion of the online Request for Alternate
Pick-up/Drop-off is required. Alternate transportation forms filled out for the school year do not apply to summer school.
Please review the information below carefully and click on the appropriate link below:
Lamers Bus Lines 2017 Summer School Welcome Letter
2017 Summer School Alternate Transportation Fee Scenarios
Instruction for filling out the Alternate Transportation Form
Alternate Transportation Form
Friday, May 19 – Submission deadline for Sessions 1 & 2 to start service on June 19
Monday, June 26 - Requests received between May 21st & June 24 transportation start date.
Friday, June 23 – Submission deadline for Session 2 only to start service on July 10
Monday, July 17 - Requests received between June 25th & July 11th transportation start date.
Please Note:Bus routes and pick-up/drop-off locations will not change during the first week of summer school.
- It is very important to complete the alternate transportation request online request accurately.
- Staff will use this information to inform your child what to do after school.
- Only 2 pick-up/drop-off locations will be permitted (including home) and schedules must be consistent from week to week.
- Consistency ensures safety.
- Varying schedules will not be permitted except in emergencies.
- Changes in schedule must be approved by the bus company.
- Routes are finalized no later than five business day prior to the start of the summer session.
- Bus routes and pick-up/drop-off locations will not change during the first week of summer school.
- Late requests received after the bus routes are finalized will be reviewed for consideration after the first week of the summer session is finished.
- Payment of Fees
- The fee will be added to your child’s fee account in Infinite Campus summer school alternative transportation account, or indicate that no fee is due.
- Transportation fees, when applicable, must be paid by the payment deadline for service to begin.
- Summer School Alternate Transportation fees are a flat fee, not pro-rated based on number of days.
- Session fees are non-refundable should you choose to discontinue busing for your child’s summer school session.
- Payments made by check are required to be received at the business office by the due date listed above
- Accurate information
- It is very important for students who walk or are picked up, to provide accurate information.
- What to do if you have changes to your summer transportation plans
- Contact Lamers Bus Company (608-850-5253 opt. 2)
- Contact the school your child attends
Questions regarding Alternate Transportation for Summer School may be directed to the Waunakee Community School District Business Office. Phone: (608) 849-2491 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org