Members of The Wednesday Society make up the newsprint press at Waunakee Community High School (WCHS). The Purple Sage is an independent student newspaper where students make decisions and do the work. The Purple Sage is an opportunity for students to experience the freedom, self-discipline and responsibility given to students and adults in American society.
It is our mission to:
1. publish news, information and opinion articles for and about student, faculty and administration activities, interests and policies;
2. maintain high ethical standards with regard to fairness, personal and legal rights, responsibilities and accuracy;
3. provide a forum for free and responsible expression of student opinion and present well-balanced, locally researched coverage of issues of broader student interest;
4. strive for a high level of competency in the technical aspects of writing, including grammar, spelling, clarity and precision;
5. welcome diversity and increase the scope and depth of our coverage in order to heighten mutual understand and awareness throughout our entire school community.