LMTC & Educational Technology Dept Mission & Objectives
The mission of the Waunakee Community Schools library media and technology program is to ensure that students and staff are effective and self-assured users of ideas, information, and technology for life-long learning.
- To provide intellectual access to information that represents a diversity of experiences, opinions, and social and cultural perspectives for a diverse population whose needs are changing rapidly.
- To ensure equitable physical access to materials and services by providing adequate facilities, resources, and staffing.
- To stimulate and guide students in all phases of listening, reading, viewing, creating, and collaborating with others for learning and enjoyment.
- To collaborate with teaching staff to design and provide instruction that develops students’ media literacy, research, and technology skills as addressed in current information and technology literacy standards.
- To provide leadership, instruction, and consulting assistance to staff and administrators in the use of educational technology.
Updated February 2011