Waunakee 4K Mission, Values and Standards
Our mission as a collaborative community is to ensure quality early learning experiences that will positively impact Waunakee area four-year-old children now and in the future.
- a high quality four-year-old-kindergarten experience focused on developing the whole child
- a play-based approach to learning, grounded in Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards and a common curricular framework
- ongoing professional development for 4K teachers, and communication and collaboration among stakeholders
- strong community partnerships and comprehensive services that include family support and education, and family outreach to enhance children’s growth and development
- a safe & welcoming environment that supports children’s diverse learning styles using reflective and culturally responsive practices
- universal access to the Waunakee 4K program, with voluntary participation by families and providers
- drafted by Collaborative Council 4/21/10, revised and reaffirmed 5/13/16
Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
The standards drive our instruction and are the foundation for our report cards.