"At Waunakee Intermediate School we have an amazing staff that is 100% student-centered; looking for the best ways to connect with students both academically and personally. We value being part of a team, working together with families, in preparing students for the future. The Waunakee School District is full of staff members that strive for the best outcomes for each and every one of its students. It’s a great place to be!"
--Paul Miller, 5th grade teacher
"I have discovered who I am as a teacher through working at Waunakee. I first walked into a classroom here in 2006 and quickly felt welcome by both the staff and the students. Over the years I have been given opportunities to grow as a human and educator in this building. I am forever grateful for the connections and inspiration I have gained in Waunakee schools."
--Jennifer Compan, High School teacher
"I love teaching in Waunakee because my students are joyful and eager learners who are in awe of each new experience kindergarten has to offer. The families are supportive and I enjoy working together to ensure our students are successful. I feel lucky to work alongside colleagues, principals and district administrators where dedication, collaboration and inclusion are at the fore front of what we do. I feel proud to raise my family in a community that is committed to the education and experiences of our youth. "
--Megan Steeger, Kindergarten teacher
Thank you for your interest in an employment position
with the Waunakee Community School District.
Waunakee Community School District is a regionally respected district with 4300+ students at six school sites and we currently employ over 650+ staff. We actively partner with our community and believe in our mission: Committed to Students. Committed to Community. Committed to Excellence.
Waunakee Community School District was named a 2020 Top Workplace by our employees and the Wisconsin State Journal.
Our district accepts online applications only through WECAN or FastTrack.
- Candidates interested in more than one position should apply for each separate vacancy as posted on FastTrack and/or WECAN.
- Applications will be reviewed for minimum acceptable qualifications. Applications are considered incomplete if the additional materials requested in the description are not attached to your FastTrack or WECAN application.
- Please do not send additional materials via email to the contact email listed in a posting or to any other district staff member. Additional materials received via email will NOT be considered part of your application and are not reviewed.
- After the application deadline has been expired, hiring committees review all applications received. There are different hiring committees for each position posted so if you are interested in more than one opening, you need to apply for each one.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted via email first.
- Due to the large number of applications we receive, you will NOT hear from us unless you are selected to be interviewed.